Frequently Asked Questions
Making A Listing
To make a listing, follow these steps:
- Click the green “Post Your Ad” button on the top right-hand side of the page (or the green “Post Ad” button at the top of the page if you’re using a mobile device).
- Input your username and password to login, or click “Register” if it’s your first time posting a listing and follow the instructions to verify your email address.
- When you log in, you’ll be taken to your account dashboard. Click “Post Your Ad” again, then select the appropriate category on the “Ad Type” dropdown.
- Input the required information in the field boxes. You’ll also have the option to add an image or video URL.
- Click “Submit” and wait for your listing to be approved.
We aim to approve listings as soon as possible. Our website admins are emailed as soon as a listing is submitted, so we’ll usually be able to approve listings within hours, if not minutes. We guarantee that your listing will be approved on the same day of submission.
The cost to list an item depends on the membership you buy. The Standard Listing membership costs £10 for a 30-day ad, the Top Listing membership costs £20 for a 30-day ad, and the Top And Featured Listing membership costs £30 for 30 days.
If you want to publish multiple listings, consider a Bronze membership, which gives you 30 days of unlimited listings for £45. Or, upgrade to the Silver membership for 90 days of unlimited listings for £125, the Gold membership for 180 days of unlimited listings for £250, or the Platinum membership for 365 days of unlimited listings for £500.
Here’s a list of our membership options and pricing:
- Standard Listing Membership: £10 for 1 ad, 30 days
- Top Listing Membership: £20 for 1 ad, 30 days
- Top And Featured Listing Membership: £30 for 1 ad, 30 days
- Bronze Membership: £45 for unlimited ads, 30 days
- Silver Membership: £125 for unlimited ads, 90 days
- Gold Membership: £250 for unlimited ads, 180 days
- Platinum Membership: £500 for unlimited ads, 365 days
Turf Market was founded with the aim of providing an affordable solution for selling items, listing jobs, sharing events, and much more, within the greenkeeping industry. We might be biased, but we think you should share listings on Turf Market because we don’t believe in charging extortionate fees for listing on our website. Our prices are low and always will be.
Your listing has the potential to reach a community of more than 10,000 members within the International Greenkeepers For Hire organisation - not to mention the thousands of interested visitors who find our website from Google search.
We share our listings on our social media groups, giving them the opportunity to rack up hundreds of impressions from users in the greenkeeping industry. Plus, whenever somebody Google searches for the target keywords in your ad, your listing should show up on the results pages. We’ll help you directly target your intended audience and find keen buyers, applicants, and professionals looking for what you have to offer.
You can sell, share, rent for hire, or promote almost anything on the Turf Market - as long as it’s turf related! Ad categories include agriculture equipment, careers, cleaning, horticulture and landscape, literature, promotions and events, training and qualifications, tenders and contracts, and vehicles. View our full list of categories here.
If you’ve made a mistake in your listing or omitted an important piece of information, you can go back into the listing and edit it yourself. You don’t need to resubmit the listing for approval after editing. If you have further issues and need admin support, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll aim to get back to you within the same day.
Yes. If you’ve made a listing but want to delete it before the last day of the listing period, you can delete the listing at any time. Just visit your account and click “My Listings”, then click on the listing you want to delete and click the “Delete” button to erase it from the listings board. Or, if you only want the listing to show until a certain date, you can edit this on the listing itself.
Turf Market is different from other marketplaces for greenkeeping for two reasons:
- Our listing fees are significantly lower than our competitors’
- We offer the biggest range of listing categories, from jobs and courses to machinery and equipment
We believe that sharing your listings with an interested online community shouldn’t break the bank, and our aim is to offer an all-in-one solution, so you can use the same website for sharing events, posting job applications, searching for machinery to hire, selling turf equipment, and much more.
Here’s an overview of the difference between Featured, Top, and Standard Listings on Turf Market:
- Featured Listings are displayed at the very top of the page, so they’re seen by the biggest audience.
- Top Listings are displayed below the Featured Listings. You can pay for a Top Listing, or your ad might automatically end up in this category if has a big viewership.
- Standard Listings are the listings displayed underneath the Featured and Top Listings. If you don’t pay extra for your listings, they’ll fall in the Standard Listings category.
We also offer the option to pay for a Top And Featured Listing, which means your listing will be at the top of all the pages that it’s featured within.
You can get your listing seen by more people by paying for a Featured Listing or a Top Listing (or both!). This will put your listing above the standard listings in our catalog, so they should get more views on average.
In your listing, you should have included your contact details, so when someone wants to reach out to discuss the item you’re sharing, they should contact you directly. There’s also the option to chat via the Turf Market website, don’t have to use this method of communication if you prefer not to.
Responding To A Listing
To respond to a listing, click on the listing and choose your preferred method of contact. You can either:
- Click the black “Email to Seller” button to send an email to the seller
- Click to reveal the seller’s phone number to give them a call (if the seller has shared a phone number)
- Click the green “Chat” button to chat with the seller on the Turf Market built-in chat tool
Yes, responding to listings is free and always will be. Only the seller pays to post their listings on the Turf Market website.
If you’re looking for a specific listing, visit the Turf Market homepage and view the list of categories on the left-hand side of the page. Or, if you’re using a mobile device, click the “Select Category” box and choose the category that’s applicable to your search, then click “Search”. You can also enter a few target keywords and select a location.
Alternatively, if you’re just browsing, visit All Ads and take a look at the listings that are currently available.
All new listings are checked by the Turf Market admin team prior to publication to ensure validity and legitimacy. However, we also recommend checking who has posted the listing and seeing if it has been posted elsewhere. It's the buyer’s responsibility to ensure that the product they're purchasing is as described.